16 Sep FanDuel and DraftKings NFL Sleeper Picks – Week 2 (9/18/16 – 9/19/16)
Hi everybody, DFS authority CD Hill here just throwing in the following before I add in any other essentials: If any of my picks help your lineups this week, be sure to let me know in the comments section below (at the bottom of the page) or on my Twitter page @cdhill81.
Advertise with us: https://www.fiverr.com/braden22
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FantasySportsGuru22
Follow us on Twitter: @FantasyAdvice22
DailyRotoHelp.com wants to help you win a ton of cash while also allowing you to feel like you’re making it yourself. You may not agree with all of our picks, but that’s what makes a DFS player a GREAT DFS Player.
Our daily plays are from a collection of experts and a ton of research that goes into them. We have spent countless hours a day crunching the numbers from a dozen different aspects of each sport and bring you the best options each day.
If you take away from our articles the ability to build your own lineups that’s great! If you are still wanting some help definitely subscribe to our Optimal NBA and NFL DFS, or MLB Lineups for both Fanduel and DraftKings for that added boost! Good Luck and bring home that bacon.
Best Sleeper Picks By Position For Week 2 (9/18/16 – 9/1 9/16):
Carson Wentz (only on FD)
Jeremy Langford (only on FD)
Marvin Jones Jr.
New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers
Top 3 Sleeper Picks For Week 2 (9/18/16 – 9/19/16):
1. Gary Barnidge – 2015: 79 REC, 1,043 REC YDS & 9 TD REC (Note: He has a preferred option QB’ing for his team now (Josh McCown) who he gels with considerably as his stat cats have shown in the past when he starts) vs. Ravens D next – 2015: tied with two others teams as the 5th worst defense in the NFL in REC TD against & fell victim to Barnidge having two solid games against them last year where he finished with a combined total of 230 YDS REC and one TD REC.
2. Marcus Mariota – 2015: 2,818 YDS PASS, 252 YDS RUSH, 21 PASS+RUSH TD & 10 INT. He faces a roughly middle of the pack defense next, Detroit D, in terms of how they ranked overall defensively compared to all of teams in the NFL in 2015 and is just coming off of a game last week in which could be considered a solid one since the defense he faced was the formidable Minnesota D in which he somehow managed to finish with the following numbers against: 271 YDS PASS, 2 PASS TD & 1 INT. I expect Mariota to do even better offensively this week in a much easier matchup with the Lions.
3. Michael Crabtree – 2015: 85 REC, 922 REC YDS & 9 TD REC vs. Atlanta D next – 2015: Pretty decent defense last year that hovered in just above the mid-tier level defensively in terms of their D’s overall effectiveness. However, the Falcons are coming off of a rough game last week to start off the 2016 season giving up 31 points (and close to 300 YDS PASS, 281, with four TD passes thrown against them too) against Tampa Bay in Week 1, so that really shows how ideal of a time it currently is to give Crabtree a start this week. He is, after all, coming off of a solid game in where he caught nine passes for 87 YDS REC and looks to be primed to continue from where he left off in that contest in a now supercharged Raiders passing offense.
Top 3 Deep Sleeper Picks For Week 2 (9/18/16 – 9/19/16):
1. Tyrell Williams – vs. Jacksonville D next – 2015: 4th worst in the NFL in REC YDS against and Williams has a huge opportunity now in 2016 to potentially stand out as the team’s top receiving threat due to the fact that his team’s star WR Keenan Allen got hurt last week in the team’s first regular season game of the year. Somebody’s got to step up on the receiving end for the Chargers now and Williams, who actually led San Diego with 71 YDS REC last week, has a pretty good chance of doing just that. He’s a 6-4, 205 pound wide receiver that could really be a problem for opposing teams in the red zone and on deep balls like he was against Kansas City in Week 1.
2. Danny Woodhead – 2015: 98 RUSH ATT, 336 RUSH YDS, 80 REC, 755 REC YDS & 9 RUSH+REC TD vs. Jacksonville D next – 2015: 4th worst in the NFL in REC YDS against and Woodhead is a big time receiving back for his team who is also coming off of a solid game rushing as well last week in his 2016 Week 1 contest (had 89 YDS RUSH on 16 carries). He should also be more heavily involved than he normally is as a receiving back due to the fact that his team’s star WR Keenan Allen got hurt last week.
3. Josh McCown – 2015: 2,109 YDS PASS, 13 PASS+RUSH TD & 4 INT vs. Baltimore D next – FanDuel and DraftKings NFL owners who want to take a chance on going with a cheap option at the QB position this week should really consider going with new fill-in starter for the Browns Josh McCown right now. He had a lot of success one week vs. the Ravens in 2015 passing for 457 YDS and finishing with three TD that game. Yes, he didn’t have nearly as much success in Cleveland’s other matchup vs. Baltimore that same year only passing for 212 YDS and ending up with just one TD against them that week, but if he can finish with stat cats that fall somewhere in the middle of what he did in those two contests, he’ll be a worthy start this week. He’s simply too cheap of a solid upside option not to consider going with in Week 2 if value play QBs are your thing, especially in tournament play.
Check out dailyrotohelp.com for the latest information, in depth analysis and up-to-the-minute optimal lineups covering all your daily fantasy sports needs.